I’m beach ready, Girl! – The Essential beach packing list
Apprx. Reading Time: 2 minutes
There are some for whom lying on a hammock by the beach, listening to the waves while the sun shines brightly with a Pinacolada in hand, equals a holiday. Some of us ensure we have at least one of these annually while others are lucky enough to head out more frequently.
While some locations are quite predictable, in Europe, depending on where you’re headed for your beach holiday it can get quite complicated! You may be blessed with steady sunshine or intermittent rains may play spoilsport. Other than a swim-suit there’s lots more you need to carry if you’re headed to the beach, to ensure you don’t need to buy it, if you’ve forgotten to carry it with you!
This is a list that I use consistently and keep updating if required for a beach holiday. Feel free to take off items you don’t need if you want to get everything to fit in a carry-on.
- Carry more of neutrals which can be re-used for different outfits
- However, do carry a few statement pieces to get that perfect pop of colour. You can also use scarves and jewellery if needed
- Opt for pieces that are versatile. A scarf can also be used as a cover-up!
- Keep the outfits that require ironing or delicate care at home
- Think of creative ways you could re-use outfits and try the look beforehand if possible to ensure it looks fab and you don’t end up carrying more than you need
So to help make packing a breeze, here’s a beach holiday packing list you could use to get it done in a jiffy!
A beach holiday packing list
- Swimsuits * 2
- Beach Bag/Tote
- Sand Mat/Beach Blanket
- Beach Umbrella/Canopy
- Beach Toys (Frisbee’s etc.)
- Inflatable Toys
- Collapsible Cooler
- GoPro Hero and accessories (Anti-Fog inserts, Flotation devices etc.)
- Water bottles (Collapsible refillable bottles)
- Lip Balm
- Aloe Gel
- Hair ties
- Salt Spray
- Disposable wipes
- Mini Barbecue stove (If needed)
- Flip Flops/Sandals
- Waterproof Speakers
- Medications (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol etc.)
- Plastic Bag (To put wet clothes away)
- Salt Spray for hair (for some beachy waves!)
- Mineral Water Spray
- Swimwear for Him
- Water Shoes
- Diving Equipment if required (Fins, Regulators, Mask, Cylinders, BCD, Weight belt, Dry suit, Wetsuit, Hood, Gloves)
- Insect Repellent
- Picnic Box (if needed)
- Beach chairs (if needed)
- Power Bank
- Portable Air Pump
- Hand Sanitizer
- Comb/Tangle Teezer
- Waterproof Phone Case
- Inner Wear
- T-shirt Bra’s
- Strapless Bra/Sticky Braf
- Evening Dresses
- Light Jacket
- Tank Tops
Toiletries & Accessories
- Body Wash
- Hair Styling Products
- Contact lenses/Glasses
- Saline Solution
- Hair Iron
- Hair Dryer (if not available at your hotel)
- Micro-fibre cloths
- Shaving Supplies
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Remover
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Sanitary Napkins
- Eye Mask
- Face masks
- Ear Plugs
- Wedges (Try not to carry more than 3 pairs as shoes do take up a lot of space & weight!)
- Strappy Bag
- Pen + Notepad
- Safety pins
- Bobby pins
Other Travel Essentials
- ID Card
- Chargers (Phone, Camera, GoPro etc.)
- Memory Cards
- Copies of Itinerary, tickets etc.
- Voltage Adaptors
- Flashlights (if needed)
If you’re still worried you’ve missed out something, why not check the Summer packing list?
If you’d rather not spend a lot of time packing, think of innovative ways to re-use a piece. Imagine swimsuit with a skirt or denims (the top-half as a blouse) a shift-dress as a cover up, a scarf as a headdress, a cover-up or even around your tote!
Once you head off, remember not to stress over what you’ve left behind! If you’re headed to a place that’s cheaper, you might need to buy items you’ve forgotten but they might end up being cheaper! I’d even suggest to stock up if so, for your next holiday (as long as you don’t need to buy an additional bag!)
PIN FOR LATER!
Beach holiday Packing List
- If you’re looking for mineral sprays, Evian is a good buy
- If you loved the products featured above why not head to Simply Beach and check out their awesome collection?
- If you’re looking for a good salt spray, Charles Worthington is a good buy
- The Tangle Teezer is superb to get rid of messy hair specially if its salty and wet!
- GoPro 5 is your best bet if you’d like to avoid a waterproof case up-to 10 metres
Looking to head off to the islands to catch some sun and sea? Why not head to Mykonos? All details here!
Thanks to Simply Beach for providing some fabulous items!
When is your next beach holiday? Where you off to?
‘Life’s too busy and so are you! Articles to drive off the blue(s)!’
Your e-mail will be kept strictly confidential!